Traveling to the U.S.

Visa Information

The Travel site at the U.S. Department of State is the official source for information on visas and everything else you should know about visiting the U.S.

A business visa (either B1 or WB, if from a visa waiver country) is the required visa to obtain in order to enter the U.S., attend the conference, and receive any type of funding or reimbursement. These types of activities are not allowed on a tourist visa (B2 or WT). In particular, it is imperative that you enter the U.S. with a business visa to obtain any type of funding or reimbursement from the conference. 

Please see the U.S. Department of State web page for Business visas.

If you do need a visa, apply as early as possible, at least 3-5 months before intended travel.

Visiting under VWP

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less, when they meet certain requirements--see U.S. State Department information on VWP. Travelers must be eligible to use the VWP and have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.

If you are eligible to travel on the VWP, but prefer to have a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa.

Citizens of Canada and Bermuda
There are special requirements for Citizens of Canada and Bermuda traveling to the U.S. 
Invitation Letters

All conference letters of invitation are only provided to attendees who are planning to participate and attend the conference. Please email us at [email protected]. to request a letter of invitation and/or a letter for visa application.